E-Rate is a federal program that provides funding assistance to schools and libraries for telecommunications, internet access, infrastructure, and maintenance/support. The program is formally titled "The Schools and Libraries Program of the Universal Service Fund" and Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) administers the program under the direction of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). To learn more about the program, please visit the USAC Schools and Libraries website.
BRAINATION will accept proposals for FY2019 from February 18, 2019, through March 18, 2019, at 4:00 p.m. CST. We will accept proposals by mail, hand delivery, or email.
Please see the request for proposals for complete details.
Schedule of Events
• RFP/470 Release Date – February 18, 2019
• Newspaper Notices - February 18, 2019, and February 25, 2019
• Pre-Bid Meeting - March 1, 2019, at 9:00 a.m.
• Deadline for Site Surveys - March 8, 2019
• Deadline for Questions - March 15, 2019, at 4:00 p.m.
• Proposal Submission Deadline - March 18, 2019, at 4:00 p.m.
Please contact Director of Technology Charles Winkler via email with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will the district allow to us to provide separate pricing for additional non-ERate eligible options?
How many years of licensing/support should be included in the proposal?
What is the anticipated maximum number of concurrent IP connections?
This will vary depending on the equipment attached to the device.
Will the district allow to us to provide separate pricing for additional non-ERate eligible options?
Are remote or onsite installation services required?
How many existing, active ACL and Web Content Filter rules need to be transferred to the new appliance?