Admissions - International Academy of San Antonio
The International Academy of San Antonio (IASA) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships, athletics, and other school-administered programs.
We require that applicants to IASA submit a completed and signed application. If a student has attended school previously, we also require a transcript of the student’s schoolwork, available standardized testing, and at least one recommendation from the child’s previous school. The International Academy of San Antonio accepts students whose overall performance conforms to the school’s mission and standards.
In the case of second through fifth grade candidates, we expect that the students will have a B average or higher and standardized testing that conforms to the school’s admissions criteria. We will interview students who have completed the admissions process in the order that their application is received. All applicants are required to visit and interview with the International Academy of San Antonio’s Admissions Committee and/or head of school.
The Admissions Committee may recommend exceptions to the acceptance criteria in special cases. Final approval of all admission matters rests with the head of school.
- The application must include a $100 non-refundable application fee that will apply towards tuition costs if the student is admitted to IASA.
- Records must be received from the previous school.
- The Admissions Committee and/or head of school will conduct an interview.
- Evaluation of an applicant considers the following criteria:
- Grades: B average or better, when applicable.
- Standardized testing: 75th percentile or better on a nationally normed test.
- Letter from a current teacher indicating an acceptable conduct record.
- The child will visit the school with a parent or guardian for a minimum of one hour. The child’s visit to the school must demonstrate that he/she is socially, cognitively, emotionally, and physically ready to succeed in IASA’s overall environment.
- Once a student is accepted to IASA, the family must submit a signed enrollment contract, family participation agreement, and pay a $200 enrollment deposit within 10 days of the acceptance letter to enroll. We will apply the deposit toward tuition costs.