Districts Requesting Records

Please request records through the TREX records system.

Special Education

Records Requests

If the student became inactive or withdrew during the current school year (2017-2018) or prior school year (2016-2017), contact the campus last attended.

If the student became inactive or withdrew prior to the 2015-2016 school year, you may contact us at (210) 638.5023.

Destruction of Student Records

Special education records collected by BRAINATION related to the identification, evaluation, educational placement, or the provision of special education in the district must be maintained under state and federal laws for a period of five years after special education services have ended for the student. Special education services end when the student is no longer eligible for services, graduates, completes his/her educational program at age 22, or moves from the district.

We will destroy records of students who received special education services prior to and during the 2012-13 school year on June 15, 2018. We will destroy these records in accordance with state law unless the parent/guardian or eligible (adult) student notifies the school district otherwise.

After five years, the records are no longer useful to the district but may be useful to the parent/guardian or former student in applying for social security benefits, rehabilitation services, college entrance, etc. The parent/guardian or eligible (adult) student may request a copy of the records in writing by June 8, 2017, at the following address:

Special Education Department
Attn: Records
10325 Bandera Road
San Antonio, TX 78250
Phone: (210) 638.5023
Hours: 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.